A hazard/threat is ‘something with the potential to cause harm’ and risk is ‘the likelihood of that potential harm being realized’. The risk assessments help identify the inherent business risks and provide measures, processes, and controls to reduce the impact of these risks to business operations.
A comprehensive risk management approach provides the ability to identify, assess, respond, and monitor cybersecurity risks and provide organizations with the information to make risk-based decisions.
Our Risk Assessment model conforms to the methodology found within:
- NIST Special Publications 800-37, 800-30, 800-53 and 800-171
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 31000 and ISO 27005
- Electricity Sector Cybersecurity Risk Management Process (RMP) Guidelines
- NIST, National Security Agency’s InfoSec Assessment Methodology (NSA-IAM)
- Severity, Exposure, and Probability (SEP) Risk Assessment and Calculation Model
The model provides a more accurate rating of the business impacts of each identified core business function within the corporate IT organization. Our professionals will collaborate with your stakeholders, leadership, and business owners to evaluate the current cloud security risk posture. The five basic steps of e-InnoSec risk assessment methodology are:
- Risk Identification: Reveals what, where, when, why, and how something could happen and potential effects on the objectives.
- Risk Analysis: Establishes the probability and potential outcomes of each risk. What is the potential impact on goals and objectives?
- Risk Evaluation: Compares risks’ magnitude and ranks risks (risk prioritization) according to prominence and consequence.
- Risk Treatment: Also considers Risk Response Planning; creates risk mitigation strategies, preventative care, and contingency plans based on assessed risk value.
- Monitor Risk: Risk management is a non-stop process that adapts and changes over time. Repeating the processes assure maximum coverage of known and unknown risks.
Cloud security challenge areas include:
- Identify and Access Management
- Data Leakage
- Application Security
- Infrastructure Security
- Monitoring and response
- Shadow IT
- Skill Shortages
- Cloud security review
- Cloud Security Risk Assessment